Trader: Saudi producer cuts PE prices to Vietnam
The trader stated that they received new prices from the producer at $1220/ton for LLDPE film, at $1210/ton for HDPE film and at $1260/ton for LDPE film, all on an FCA Vietnam, cash basis.
He commented, “We are planning to wait for a while longer before deciding on our purchase as crude oil prices continue to decrease, which may lead to further reductions in the PE market.”
In Vietnam, overall import PE prices are currently reported at $1230-1280/ton for LDPE film and at $1100-1250/ton for LLDPE and HDPE film, all on a CIF Vietnam, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East