Trader: South African, Saudi producers reveal June prices
According to him, Safripol raised their HDPE film prices by ZAR706/ton ($58/ton) to ZAR18356/ton ($1314/ton) on an FD Johannesburg, South Africa, 45 days deferred payment basis. Meanwhile, Sasol lifted their LDPE film prices by ZAR674/ton ($55/ton) to ZAR17524/ton ($1254/ton) and their LLDPE c4 film prices by ZAR686/ton ($56/ton) to ZAR17836/ton ($1277/ton) with the same terms.
Meanwhile, the trader, offering on behalf of a major Saudi Arabian producer, announced their June prices at $1550/ton for HDPE and LLDPE film, with both prices indicating $30/ton hikes from May levels on a CIF Durban, South Africa, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“Sasol, who usually announces their prices a month ahead, lifted their July offers by around 4%. Meanwhile, Sasol is also reportedly postponing their annual maintenance shutdown from September to November in order to be able to build up stocks since the producer is currently supplying only 60% of the cargoes they normally supply to the market. Regarding import offers, a major Saudi producer appears to have a relatively better amount of quotas but their LLDPE and HDPE film supplies still seem to be restricted,” he added.
According to the trader, overall demand has given some signs of improvement, but he thinks that this is only artificial and stems from generally limited supplies. “We lack a clear view for July,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines