Trader: South Korean homo-PP prices move lower in Vietnam
“The supplier plans to deal directly with their customers in Vietnam next year, so they are moving to clear the stocks from their trading arms before the New Year holidays. We may make some purchases soon, but we will not buy in large quantities as local demand is not very encouraging and locally-held prices are moving steadily lower in the face of resistance from buyers,” the trader commented.
Import prices for homo-PP injection and raffia currently stand at $1310-1490/ton CIF Vietnam, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm