Trader: Thailand’s local PP, PE prices witness new drops
The trader received new local prices at THB41000/ton ($1249/ton) for homo-PP raffia and injection, at THB41500/ton ($1264/ton) for homo-PP film and at THB43000/ton ($1310/ton) for LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film. He commented, “Prices are witnessing persistent declines and we expect to see prices below the THB40000/ton ($1219/ton) threshold in the days ahead. Buyers are still purchasing on a needs-only basis. Hence, we are planning to make only a limited purchase from our supplier.”
Thai buyers are generally remaining cautious on their purchases and avoid building large stocks while most sellers comment that they are willing to give further discounts to serious buyers.
A woven bag manufacturer said, “Most buyers are maintaining their wait-and-see attitude as they think that prices have still room to move down. Demand for our end products, meanwhile, has picked up a bit. Hence we are buying in small quantities to cover our immediate needs.”
Locally-held PP cargoes are currently offered at THB41000-43000/ton ($1249-1310/ton) for homo-PP raffia and injection and at THB41500-43500/ton ($1264-1325/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
For local PE, prices stand at THB42500-44000/ton ($1294-1340/ton) for LDPE film, at THB42500-44500/ton ($1294-1355/ton) for LLDPE film, at THB43000-44000/ton ($1310-1340/ton) for HDPE film and at THB44000/ton ($1340/ton) for HDPE blow moulding with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months