Trader: Thailand’s local PP, PE prices witness new drops
The trader received new local prices at THB41000/ton ($1249/ton) for homo-PP raffia and injection, at THB41500/ton ($1264/ton) for homo-PP film and at THB43000/ton ($1310/ton) for LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film. He commented, “Prices are witnessing persistent declines and we expect to see prices below the THB40000/ton ($1219/ton) threshold in the days ahead. Buyers are still purchasing on a needs-only basis. Hence, we are planning to make only a limited purchase from our supplier.”
Thai buyers are generally remaining cautious on their purchases and avoid building large stocks while most sellers comment that they are willing to give further discounts to serious buyers.
A woven bag manufacturer said, “Most buyers are maintaining their wait-and-see attitude as they think that prices have still room to move down. Demand for our end products, meanwhile, has picked up a bit. Hence we are buying in small quantities to cover our immediate needs.”
Locally-held PP cargoes are currently offered at THB41000-43000/ton ($1249-1310/ton) for homo-PP raffia and injection and at THB41500-43500/ton ($1264-1325/ton) for PP film, all on an FD Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
For local PE, prices stand at THB42500-44000/ton ($1294-1340/ton) for LDPE film, at THB42500-44500/ton ($1294-1355/ton) for LLDPE film, at THB43000-44000/ton ($1310-1340/ton) for HDPE film and at THB44000/ton ($1340/ton) for HDPE blow moulding with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect