Trader: local PS prices move lower in China
The trader’s local PS offers are standing at CNY8800-9000/ton ($1225-1253/ton without VAT) for B grade GPPS, at CNY9200/ton ($1281/ton without VAT) for A grade GPPS, at CNY9600/ton ($1337/ton without VAT) for B grade HIPS and at CNY10000-10200/ton ($1392-1420/ton without VAT) for A grade HIPS, all on an FD China, cash including VAT basis.
He commented, “We expect that B grade GPPS will soon hit the CNY8000/ton ($1114/ton without VAT) level. Buyers are not active in the market as they are expecting to see further decreases in line with weaker upstream costs. We think that the prevailing softening trend will remain in place until after the Chinese New Year holidays.”
Upstream, spot styrene prices have plunged around $110/ton on the week to be currently quoted at around $825/ton on an FOB South Korea basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence