Trader: local PS prices move lower in China
The trader’s local PS offers are standing at CNY8800-9000/ton ($1225-1253/ton without VAT) for B grade GPPS, at CNY9200/ton ($1281/ton without VAT) for A grade GPPS, at CNY9600/ton ($1337/ton without VAT) for B grade HIPS and at CNY10000-10200/ton ($1392-1420/ton without VAT) for A grade HIPS, all on an FD China, cash including VAT basis.
He commented, “We expect that B grade GPPS will soon hit the CNY8000/ton ($1114/ton without VAT) level. Buyers are not active in the market as they are expecting to see further decreases in line with weaker upstream costs. We think that the prevailing softening trend will remain in place until after the Chinese New Year holidays.”
Upstream, spot styrene prices have plunged around $110/ton on the week to be currently quoted at around $825/ton on an FOB South Korea basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?