Trader: local producers cut PP, PE prices in Thailand
A trader based in Bangkok stated that a local producer lowered their PP prices by THB500/ton ($15/ton) to THB39000/ton ($1193/ton) for homo-PP raffia and injection, to THB39500/ton ($1208/ton) for homo-PP film, both on an FD Thailand, cash basis. He also reported that another local producer also implemented a decrease of THB500/ton on their domestic PE prices, bringing their new offers to THB41750-42000/ton ($1277-1285/ton) for LDPE and LLDPE film, to THB42250-42500/ton ($1292-1300/ton) for HDPE film, blow moulding and injection with the same terms.
He said, “Local producers lowered their prices in line with the prevailing downward trend in the regional markets while buyers are still cautiously purchasing on a need only basis.”
A second trader in Bangkok also stated that overall local PP and PE prices retreated by THB500/ton this week, commenting, “We are feeling uncertain about the possible effect of the recent recovery in spot propylene prices on the Asian PP markets, however, we hope that the narrowing gap between PP and propylene prices may attract some buying interest in the local market.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness