Trader: more re-exported PP from China appears in Vietnam
The trader reported receiving a homo-PP raffia and injection offer for a Saudi Arabian origin from China at $1300/ton CIF Vietnam, cash. “We were offered a price $50/ton above this level at the start of the week, but the supplier reduced their price after negotiations as we found the initial level to be too high to accept. We are still not interested in replenishing stocks at the moment as the market direction is unclear given the recent decreases in crude oil prices. We are planning to wait for a while longer before deciding our next move.”
Import homo-PP injection and raffia prices are currently quoted at $1260-1380/ton CIF Vietnam, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull