Traders: European PVC offers limited in Turkey
The overall European PVC k67 range in Turkey was reported at $740-765/ton CFR, cash as of the end of last week while some players deemed the low end of the range to be no longer obtainable.
“The European PVC market offers a much better netback for regional suppliers and therefore, they are not rushing to allocate more exports to Turkey,” said a trader.
In Italy’s spot PVC market, European k67 was offered at €815-900/ton FD Italy cash while net k67 prices in West Europe for December Gentlemen’s Agreements were reported at €780-820/ton FD NWE, cash. When the low end of the ranges are taken into account and converted to dollars, they respectively correspond to $880/ton and $842/ton, indicating a price gap of more than $100/ton when compared to the low end of the European range in Turkey and therefore, affirming the comment about better netbacks in Europe.
In Turkey, European PVC offers continue to feel downward pressure from competitively-priced US cargoes, which softened again last week after talks about a possible firming. Demand also remains rather lethargic in the country with buyers largely being sidelined at the year-end.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed