Traders: European PVC offers limited in Turkey
The overall European PVC k67 range in Turkey was reported at $740-765/ton CFR, cash as of the end of last week while some players deemed the low end of the range to be no longer obtainable.
“The European PVC market offers a much better netback for regional suppliers and therefore, they are not rushing to allocate more exports to Turkey,” said a trader.
In Italy’s spot PVC market, European k67 was offered at €815-900/ton FD Italy cash while net k67 prices in West Europe for December Gentlemen’s Agreements were reported at €780-820/ton FD NWE, cash. When the low end of the ranges are taken into account and converted to dollars, they respectively correspond to $880/ton and $842/ton, indicating a price gap of more than $100/ton when compared to the low end of the European range in Turkey and therefore, affirming the comment about better netbacks in Europe.
In Turkey, European PVC offers continue to feel downward pressure from competitively-priced US cargoes, which softened again last week after talks about a possible firming. Demand also remains rather lethargic in the country with buyers largely being sidelined at the year-end.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?