Traders: PP, PE outlook for 2H March cloudy in China
“There are some turnarounds in the region that are helping to push PP and PE prices higher for the present, but we have not seen any real improvement in demand from converters yet and we feel that the market may struggle to maintain its current momentum into the second half of the month,” a distributor stated.
Another trader added, “The sharp increases seen since the end of the holidays have mostly been driven by traders as many converters have not returned to the market yet. There a good number of cargoes currently en route that are slated to arrive by the end of this month and this may result in some easing of the current availability concerns.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect