Traders: Taiwanese major announces March PVC prices to India
The trader stated, “Buying interest is better in India as the winter is over now. We believe that we will see firmer levels in March as the market activity is expected to pick up after the Chinese New Year holidays. Local prices are also likely to increase by around INR2000/ton ($33/ton) next week.”
A second trader, who also confirmed receiving new March prices from the Taiwanese major with an increase of $40/ton, stated, “The producer hasn’t announced their March prices to China and Southeast Asia yet as they are planning to monitor the market response from India before deciding their new levels for other Asian markets.”
Meanwhile, a source from a South Korean producer reported that they managed to conclude some deals in India at $870/ton CFR, cash. He commented, “Demand in India is good and we think that the Taiwanese major will receive a good response to their new prices from the Indian market. We are also thinking of lifting our prices for the coming month.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem