Traders: Taiwanese producer implements third PVC decrease for Dec to India
“We believe that the producer will struggle to sell even after their most recent price decrease,” a converter commented. A trader added, “We received a third December decrease from a Taiwanese major due to declining upstream costs and disappointing demand. We believe that a domestic producer will also implement a price reduction in the coming week.” Players are predicting decreases of INR2000-3000/ton ($32-48/ton) from a domestic producer at the start of December.
Import PVC prices to India currently stand at $905-940/ton CIF, cash equivalent basis for Asian origins.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons