Traders: Taiwanese producer implements third PVC decrease for Dec to India
“We believe that the producer will struggle to sell even after their most recent price decrease,” a converter commented. A trader added, “We received a third December decrease from a Taiwanese major due to declining upstream costs and disappointing demand. We believe that a domestic producer will also implement a price reduction in the coming week.” Players are predicting decreases of INR2000-3000/ton ($32-48/ton) from a domestic producer at the start of December.
Import PVC prices to India currently stand at $905-940/ton CIF, cash equivalent basis for Asian origins.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure
- China PP market volatile since its rebound in H1 April, is it the new normal?
- Taiwanese major’s June PVC pricing expected to reverse course after two months