Traders: Will Iranian PE come to SEA?
According to data from Chinese Customs, Iran was the top PE exporter to China with 1,524,906 tons in 2015, narrowly edging out Saudi Arabia (1,463,706 tons) for the top spot.
A trader commented, “Iranian PE supplies could potentially disrupt the market equilibrium in the region and Middle Eastern producers are likely to lose market share if Iran begins to offer to the region.” An agent operating on behalf of a Middle Eastern producer added, “We expect to see Iranian PE cargoes directed to the region once sanctions ease. Iran has been a competitive option in China for some time, especially for LDPE and HDPE, and we believe that Iran can be a competitive supplier to this region as well.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years