Traders: Will Iranian PE come to SEA?
According to data from Chinese Customs, Iran was the top PE exporter to China with 1,524,906 tons in 2015, narrowly edging out Saudi Arabia (1,463,706 tons) for the top spot.
A trader commented, “Iranian PE supplies could potentially disrupt the market equilibrium in the region and Middle Eastern producers are likely to lose market share if Iran begins to offer to the region.” An agent operating on behalf of a Middle Eastern producer added, “We expect to see Iranian PE cargoes directed to the region once sanctions ease. Iran has been a competitive option in China for some time, especially for LDPE and HDPE, and we believe that Iran can be a competitive supplier to this region as well.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers