Traders in Egypt receive more Saudi PP, PE prices
According to the trader, this month, the producer rolled over both their PP and PE prices from their July levels and currently offers HDPE film and LLDPE film at $1180/ton, LDPE film at $1210/ton, PP-homo raffia and injection at $1080/ton, all on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
The trader commented, “The producer issued rollovers again on their new announcements. Import activity is still slow due to parity issues. Importers are not confident on new purchases considering the fluctuating dollar parity as they want to protect their margins. Overall demand is slow and players prefer to meet their urgent needs from the local market which is following a softening trend.”
Prior to this announcement, some other Saudi producers had revealed their PP and PE prices to Egypt with rollovers or slight decreases from July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December