Traders in Egypt receive more Saudi PP, PE prices
According to the trader, this month, the producer rolled over both their PP and PE prices from their July levels and currently offers HDPE film and LLDPE film at $1180/ton, LDPE film at $1210/ton, PP-homo raffia and injection at $1080/ton, all on a CIF Alexandria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
The trader commented, “The producer issued rollovers again on their new announcements. Import activity is still slow due to parity issues. Importers are not confident on new purchases considering the fluctuating dollar parity as they want to protect their margins. Overall demand is slow and players prefer to meet their urgent needs from the local market which is following a softening trend.”
Prior to this announcement, some other Saudi producers had revealed their PP and PE prices to Egypt with rollovers or slight decreases from July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months