Traders in Vietnam receive re-export LLDPE film from China
A trader reported that they purchased 100 tons of November shipment Saudi Arabian LLDPE film re-exported from China at $1210/ton on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis. He commented, “Demand continues to worsen in the face of declining crude oil futures. We are mostly adopting a wait and see attitude nowadays. We made a small LLDPE film purchase as supply for this product is quite limited in Vietnam at the moment.”
A second trader reported that they were offered re-exported Saudi LLDPE film from China at $1180/ton CIF, cash. “We are not willing to purchase re-exported materials as they usually come in dirty packages. About the near term outlook, we are not feeling confident,” the trader stated.
In Vietnam, overall import LLDPE film prices are currently reported at $1180-1210/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?