Traders in Vietnam receive re-export LLDPE film from China
A trader reported that they purchased 100 tons of November shipment Saudi Arabian LLDPE film re-exported from China at $1210/ton on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis. He commented, “Demand continues to worsen in the face of declining crude oil futures. We are mostly adopting a wait and see attitude nowadays. We made a small LLDPE film purchase as supply for this product is quite limited in Vietnam at the moment.”
A second trader reported that they were offered re-exported Saudi LLDPE film from China at $1180/ton CIF, cash. “We are not willing to purchase re-exported materials as they usually come in dirty packages. About the near term outlook, we are not feeling confident,” the trader stated.
In Vietnam, overall import LLDPE film prices are currently reported at $1180-1210/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use