Traders: supply concerns push up Iranian HDPE prices in China
Another trader added, “Prompt supply for Iranian HDPE is tight and this pushing prices up on an almost daily basis. However, there are some large new shipments of HDPE blow moulding set to arrive later this month and we believe that this will limit the extent of any further price increases.” The trader offers Iranian blow moulding at $1230-1240/ton FCA China, cash.
According to ChemOrbis import statistics, Iran is the largest exporter of HDPE to China with annual exports of 1.03 million tons in 2014, supplying China with 22.89% of its total imports of 4.6 million tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion