Traders: supply concerns push up Iranian HDPE prices in China
Another trader added, “Prompt supply for Iranian HDPE is tight and this pushing prices up on an almost daily basis. However, there are some large new shipments of HDPE blow moulding set to arrive later this month and we believe that this will limit the extent of any further price increases.” The trader offers Iranian blow moulding at $1230-1240/ton FCA China, cash.
According to ChemOrbis import statistics, Iran is the largest exporter of HDPE to China with annual exports of 1.03 million tons in 2014, supplying China with 22.89% of its total imports of 4.6 million tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia