Trinseo announces financial results for Q3
The company’s revenue fell by 9% from $1,028 million a year earlier to $935 million in the third quarter due to lower prices. Adjusted earnings before Interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA), meanwhile, rose to $143 million in Q3 from $116 million a year earlier.
Basic Plastics and Feedstocks revenue dropped 13% year over year to $405 million. However, adjusted EBITDA for this segment reached $86 million in the July-September period, up $16 million from the previous year.
Trinseo’s President Chris Pappas stated that performance shows an improvement on a yearly basis in Performance Materials and Basic Plastics & Feedstocks while he added that they expect the performance in these segments will be steady for the last quarter of the year due to reduced planned maintenance and ongoing low inventory levels of styrenics.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe