Trinseo announces financial results for Q3
The company’s revenue fell by 9% from $1,028 million a year earlier to $935 million in the third quarter due to lower prices. Adjusted earnings before Interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA), meanwhile, rose to $143 million in Q3 from $116 million a year earlier.
Basic Plastics and Feedstocks revenue dropped 13% year over year to $405 million. However, adjusted EBITDA for this segment reached $86 million in the July-September period, up $16 million from the previous year.
Trinseo’s President Chris Pappas stated that performance shows an improvement on a yearly basis in Performance Materials and Basic Plastics & Feedstocks while he added that they expect the performance in these segments will be steady for the last quarter of the year due to reduced planned maintenance and ongoing low inventory levels of styrenics.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019