Trinseo starts April with hefty increases for PS, ABS
Meanwhile, Styrolution was heard to be seeking significant increases for their April PS prices. The producer reportedly increased its April prices for all PS grades by €315/ton ($341/ton) in Europe.
In Europe, players have reported that they expect to see three digit hikes this month because of tight supply in the region and stronger styrene costs. Demand is also said to be good in Europe, especially from the construction sector.
Upstream, an initial April styrene contract has been settled in Europe at €1370/ton ($1473/ton), up €300/ton ($323/ton) from March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets