Trinseo starts April with hefty increases for PS, ABS
Meanwhile, Styrolution was heard to be seeking significant increases for their April PS prices. The producer reportedly increased its April prices for all PS grades by €315/ton ($341/ton) in Europe.
In Europe, players have reported that they expect to see three digit hikes this month because of tight supply in the region and stronger styrene costs. Demand is also said to be good in Europe, especially from the construction sector.
Upstream, an initial April styrene contract has been settled in Europe at €1370/ton ($1473/ton), up €300/ton ($323/ton) from March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets
- China PE market continues to see downward corrections amid impending holiday