Trump: Saudi Aramco should consider NYSE listing
The President stated that he was recently engaged in talks with the king of Saudi Arabia over a possible listing in the New York stock exchange (NYSE) or Nasdaq.
Saudi oil giant has recently revealed that the company has been progressing with its plans to offer its shares to public by 2018.
According to the company’s plans, Saudi Aramco will sell 5% of its shares in an initial public offering and raise nearly $100 billion in return to be used in the kingdom’s economic projects.
The company was last reported to be evaluating New York and London stock exchanges for the possible listing.
The New York stock exchange is the world’s largest stock exchange with more than $21 trillion in market value.
However, the recent news about the arrest of a board member at Aramco casts fresh doubt over oil giant’s listing, according to news agencies.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July
- Turkey’s PP markets rise around 10% in a month
- India PVC sees first hike attempts after weeks of declines
- Import PE increases lose momentum in China, except for LDPE
- Downtrend continues into July in Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets
- Pace of PS drops in Asia slackens; ABS downtrend in full swing