Tunisian buyer: January outlook weak
The buyer received PPBC injection and HDPE b/m offers from a major Saudi Arabian producer this week at €1110/ton and €1220/ton, respectively, on a CIF Tunisia, 90 days basis. He also received South European PPBC injection offers at slightly higher levels than the Middle Eastern origin at €1130/ton with the same terms.
According to the buyer, European PP and PE supplies are very limited for December. “European offers are scarce in the market, but demand is slow and we expect it to remain weak until at least mid-January. The approaching year-end and the holidays continue to weigh down on the market,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount