Tunisian buyer: January outlook weak
The buyer received PPBC injection and HDPE b/m offers from a major Saudi Arabian producer this week at €1110/ton and €1220/ton, respectively, on a CIF Tunisia, 90 days basis. He also received South European PPBC injection offers at slightly higher levels than the Middle Eastern origin at €1130/ton with the same terms.
According to the buyer, European PP and PE supplies are very limited for December. “European offers are scarce in the market, but demand is slow and we expect it to remain weak until at least mid-January. The approaching year-end and the holidays continue to weigh down on the market,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia