Tunisian buyer: January outlook weak
The buyer received PPBC injection and HDPE b/m offers from a major Saudi Arabian producer this week at €1110/ton and €1220/ton, respectively, on a CIF Tunisia, 90 days basis. He also received South European PPBC injection offers at slightly higher levels than the Middle Eastern origin at €1130/ton with the same terms.
According to the buyer, European PP and PE supplies are very limited for December. “European offers are scarce in the market, but demand is slow and we expect it to remain weak until at least mid-January. The approaching year-end and the holidays continue to weigh down on the market,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak