Tunisian buyer: Mid-Eastern PP, PE prices surface, Europeans awaited
The buyer received €110/ton decreases for HDPE injection at €1400/ton and €160-180/ton decreases for PPBC injection at €1300-1320/ton on a CIF Tunisia, 90 days deferred payment basis from a Saudi producer. Apart from these offers, the buyer also received PPBC injection offers from different Middle Eastern producers at €1380/ton and at $1360/ton with the same terms.
“Overall demand is improving following the decreases while supply levels are very comfortable from Middle Eastern suppliers. At the moment, we are waiting to hear European producers’ new August levels. On a different note, the Tunisian dinar continues to lose ground against the US dollar and this situation continues to hinder our sales in the end product markets. Regarding September, further decrease expectations have already surfaced and therefore, buyers continue to purchase on their needs basis,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem