Tunisian buyer: Mid-Eastern PP, PE prices surface, Europeans awaited
The buyer received €110/ton decreases for HDPE injection at €1400/ton and €160-180/ton decreases for PPBC injection at €1300-1320/ton on a CIF Tunisia, 90 days deferred payment basis from a Saudi producer. Apart from these offers, the buyer also received PPBC injection offers from different Middle Eastern producers at €1380/ton and at $1360/ton with the same terms.
“Overall demand is improving following the decreases while supply levels are very comfortable from Middle Eastern suppliers. At the moment, we are waiting to hear European producers’ new August levels. On a different note, the Tunisian dinar continues to lose ground against the US dollar and this situation continues to hinder our sales in the end product markets. Regarding September, further decrease expectations have already surfaced and therefore, buyers continue to purchase on their needs basis,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note