Tunisian buyer: Middle Eastern PE 100 supplies tight
“PP and PE prices have increased from last month while we anticipate the increasing trend to continue into May. However, since we have previously made some large purchases at more competitive levels, we are refraining from making fresh purchases these days. We currently rely on our existing stocks, especially for PP. However, for PE, we might purchase some cargoes. In general, we deem supply levels as comfortable since we can obtain our needs without any problems. However, this is not the case for PE 100 cargoes. We struggle to secure PE 100 from our Middle Eastern suppliers while our European suppliers’ PE 100 prices are too high to accept,” commented the buyer.
The buyer received Middle Eastern PP raffia and injection at €1120/ton, HDPE injection at €1300/ton, LDPE film at €1180/ton and HDPE pipe (PE100) at €1240/ton on a CIF Tunis, Tunisia, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem