Tunisian buyer: Middle Eastern PE 100 supplies tight
“PP and PE prices have increased from last month while we anticipate the increasing trend to continue into May. However, since we have previously made some large purchases at more competitive levels, we are refraining from making fresh purchases these days. We currently rely on our existing stocks, especially for PP. However, for PE, we might purchase some cargoes. In general, we deem supply levels as comfortable since we can obtain our needs without any problems. However, this is not the case for PE 100 cargoes. We struggle to secure PE 100 from our Middle Eastern suppliers while our European suppliers’ PE 100 prices are too high to accept,” commented the buyer.
The buyer received Middle Eastern PP raffia and injection at €1120/ton, HDPE injection at €1300/ton, LDPE film at €1180/ton and HDPE pipe (PE100) at €1240/ton on a CIF Tunis, Tunisia, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East