Turkey's overall plastics imports come down slightly in Sept
In comparison with August figures, Turkey’s overall polymer imports were stable for PVC (59,000 tons), up for HDPE (43,000 tons) and LLDPE (24,000 tons) but down for homo PP (88,000 tons), PS (20,000 tons) and LDPE (18,000 tons).
Overall, the main exporters in September 2011 were Saudi Arabia, Belgium and Spain. Apart from Saudi Arabia, Belgium and Spain, countries including Norway, France, Holland, India, Kuwait and Pakistan raised their export volumes to Turkey from August to September whereas exports out of China, Egypt, South Korea, Qatar, Hungary and Ukraine represented a monthly drop.
To see all import statistics for Turkey please click below
Import Statistics for Turkey by Product
Import Statistics for Turkey by Country
When products are analyzed individually, Saudi Arabia overtook any other country in September for homo PP. It was followed by Greece and India.
According to the data, the US was the leading PVC exporter to Turkey in September while Portugal and Belgium were the closest followers. Although these two countries are almost at par with more than 5,000 tons of PVC imports, Portugal is slightly ahead. Meanwhile, small quantities of PVC emerged in September from Canada, Slovenia and India, which are not considered to be regular suppliers of PVC to Turkey.
In the LDPE market, regular suppliers including Qatar, Israel, Iran and Saudi Arabia reduced their export volumes to Turkey on a monthly basis while LDPE imports from several European countries increased. The top three LDPE exporters in September were France, Israel and Iran. Turkey also imported some small quantities from Mexico for the first time since April 2011.
As for HDPE, apart from the main supplier Saudi Arabia, Iran and Kuwait were the largest exporters. For LLDPE, apart from the main supplier Saudi Arabia, Turkey imported the highest volumes from Qatar and Europe, namely from Spain, France and Greece.
Belgium left all other competitors behind for PS, while Thailand followed. When compared to August, imports from Singapore and Pakistan dropped, with these countries exporting less than 1,000 tons. Turkey did not import any PS from Russia in September while irregular origins including Saudi Arabian and Romanian emerged, albeit in very small amounts.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi major announces April PP, PE prices with sizeable drops as lockdown ramps up
- European PET demand soars, will it alleviate cost pressure?
- US PE pioneers aggressive prices globally, responding to energy slump
- Asian PS markets fall to lowest in more than a decade, ABS hits 4-year low
- Where will global PP prices head after crude saw 18 year-lows? Any clue from past?
- Economic fight against coronavirus: Policymakers take action across globe
- Downstream operations slacken amid virus-hit logistics, low demand in Europe
- Turkey's PP, PE markets brace for April drops, eyes on economy and logistics
- Crude in freefall; will PE markets’ reaction resemble 2016 or 2008
- Freight rates climb as coronavirus hampers global logistics