Turkey 2015: LDPE, LLDPE, Homo-PP, ABS imports reach record high
In 2015, LDPE imports rose 6.4% from a year earlier to 268,435 tons. The third largest LDPE exporter of 2014, Qatar, surfaced as the top LDPE exporter in 2015 with 37,739 tons, beating 2014’s top supplier Azerbaijan, which exported 33,384 tons in 2015, falling into third place behind behind Saudi Arabia (36,094 tons).
Turkey’s LLDPE imports, meanwhile, climbed 10.7% to 357,285 tons from 2014. Top three LLDPE exporters to Turkey remained unchanged from a year earlier, with Saudi Arabia (152,562 tons), Iran (67,518 tons) and South Korea (32,896 tons) constituting the three largest exporters.
There was a minor increase in homo-PP imports, which reached 1,489,373 tons in 2015 from 1,483,742 tons in 2014. Saudi Arabia remained the top homo-PP exporter to Turkey, although its exports declined around 13% to 486,187 tons from 558,669 tons in 2014. Meanwhile, the runner-up in 2014, India, lost its position to Egypt which exported 180,395 tons. Iran was the third largest exporter for another year with 126,664 tons.
In 2015, ABS imports increased 12.2% to 110,933 tons compared to 98,840 tons in 2014. The top three ABS exporters to Turkey remained unchanged from a year earlier, with South Korea (72,513 tons) leading the way followed by Belgium (11,130 tons) and Taiwan (7,588 tons).
You can visit ChemOrbis Import Statistics by product and ChemOrbis Import Statistics by country to view and compare exact import figures on a yearly and monthly basis in further detail for polymers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion