Turkey 2015: PVC imports decline, US loses market share
In 2015, PVC imports fell 8.7% to 728,134 tons from 798,062 tons in 2014. The US, which has been the top PVC exporter to Turkey since 2008, ranked second last year and lost its place as the top exporter to Turkey to France, which has been the runner-up since 2011. Turkey’s imports from the US fell 28.5% to 127,267 tons from 178,042 tons in 2014, indicating the lowest import amount since 2008.
Though France was the top PVC supplier to Turkey in 2015, its exports also declined 14.5% to 133,805 tons from 156,460 tons in the previous year. Mexico, meanwhile, remained the third largest exporter of PVC to Turkey with 78,019 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets