Turkey 2015: PVC imports decline, US loses market share
In 2015, PVC imports fell 8.7% to 728,134 tons from 798,062 tons in 2014. The US, which has been the top PVC exporter to Turkey since 2008, ranked second last year and lost its place as the top exporter to Turkey to France, which has been the runner-up since 2011. Turkey’s imports from the US fell 28.5% to 127,267 tons from 178,042 tons in 2014, indicating the lowest import amount since 2008.
Though France was the top PVC supplier to Turkey in 2015, its exports also declined 14.5% to 133,805 tons from 156,460 tons in the previous year. Mexico, meanwhile, remained the third largest exporter of PVC to Turkey with 78,019 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia