Turkey 2015: PVC imports decline, US loses market share
In 2015, PVC imports fell 8.7% to 728,134 tons from 798,062 tons in 2014. The US, which has been the top PVC exporter to Turkey since 2008, ranked second last year and lost its place as the top exporter to Turkey to France, which has been the runner-up since 2011. Turkey’s imports from the US fell 28.5% to 127,267 tons from 178,042 tons in 2014, indicating the lowest import amount since 2008.
Though France was the top PVC supplier to Turkey in 2015, its exports also declined 14.5% to 133,805 tons from 156,460 tons in the previous year. Mexico, meanwhile, remained the third largest exporter of PVC to Turkey with 78,019 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?