Turkey Freight Rate Update
When compared to the most recent adjustments, rates from China to Turkey decreased $300-350/container for 20’ containers and $800-850/container for 40’ containers. For shipments from Southeast Asia to Turkey, freight rates are down $350-400/container for 20’ containers and $800/container for 40’ containers. Rates from India to Turkey were unchanged after the initial November adjustment.
Rates from Northwest and Southern Europe to Turkey were steady. For shipments from the Middle East to Turkey, rates were unchanged. Freight rates from the US to Turkey were also stable for November while rates from the US to Egypt were also unchanged.
The following freight rates per container were reported effective as of November 9, 2014 and contain all applicable costs such as bunker adjustment fees (baf) and currency adjustment fees (caf):
|From||To||Freight (USD/20” container)||Change||Freight (USD/40” container)||Change|
|Northwest Europe (ARA)||Turkey||750-850||NC||950-1150||NC|
The abovementioned freight rates are valid until November 30, 2014. Price ranges for geographical regions are due to freight variations depending on the port.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand