Turkey Freight Rate Update
When compared to the most recent adjustments, rates from China to Turkey decreased $300-350/container for 20’ containers and $800-850/container for 40’ containers. For shipments from Southeast Asia to Turkey, freight rates are down $350-400/container for 20’ containers and $800/container for 40’ containers. Rates from India to Turkey were unchanged after the initial November adjustment.
Rates from Northwest and Southern Europe to Turkey were steady. For shipments from the Middle East to Turkey, rates were unchanged. Freight rates from the US to Turkey were also stable for November while rates from the US to Egypt were also unchanged.
The following freight rates per container were reported effective as of November 9, 2014 and contain all applicable costs such as bunker adjustment fees (baf) and currency adjustment fees (caf):
|From||To||Freight (USD/20” container)||Change||Freight (USD/40” container)||Change|
|Northwest Europe (ARA)||Turkey||750-850||NC||950-1150||NC|
The abovementioned freight rates are valid until November 30, 2014. Price ranges for geographical regions are due to freight variations depending on the port.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indonesia’s PE, PP markets remain strong despite softer sentiment in China
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike