Turkey Freight Rate Update
When compared to the most recent adjustments, rates from China to Turkey decreased $300-350/container for 20’ containers and $800-850/container for 40’ containers. For shipments from Southeast Asia to Turkey, freight rates are down $350-400/container for 20’ containers and $800/container for 40’ containers. Rates from India to Turkey were unchanged after the initial November adjustment.
Rates from Northwest and Southern Europe to Turkey were steady. For shipments from the Middle East to Turkey, rates were unchanged. Freight rates from the US to Turkey were also stable for November while rates from the US to Egypt were also unchanged.
The following freight rates per container were reported effective as of November 9, 2014 and contain all applicable costs such as bunker adjustment fees (baf) and currency adjustment fees (caf):
|From||To||Freight (USD/20” container)||Change||Freight (USD/40” container)||Change|
|Northwest Europe (ARA)||Turkey||750-850||NC||950-1150||NC|
The abovementioned freight rates are valid until November 30, 2014. Price ranges for geographical regions are due to freight variations depending on the port.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE stabilizes in Turkey and SEA, buyers remain skeptical
- China homo-PP market keeps dropping as bearish factors prevail
- Indonesia’s polyolefin markets signal further weakness towards year-end
- Asian styrenics rise cautiously as sellers wager on higher costs
- Is 6-month downturn over in European PP markets?
- Polymer markets set to brace for higher freight rates
- Rising supply dents Jan PE outlook in Philippines as prices plunge to 11-year low
- China’s local PVC market supported by firmer futures, tightness
- PP, PE markets in Mid-East, Africa set to remain weak into 2020
- A new game-changer in Europe’s PE market: US imports