Turkey Freight Rate Update
When compared to the most recent adjustments, rates from China to Turkey declined $200/container for 20’ containers and $300-400/container for 40’ containers. For shipments from Southeast Asia to Turkey, freight rates were down $250/container for 20’ containers and $300-350/container for 40’ containers. Rates from India to Turkey were stable after the most recent November adjustment.
Rates from Northwest and Southern Europe to Turkey were steady. For shipments from the Middle East to Turkey, rates were unchanged. Freight rates from the US to Turkey were also steady for November while rates from the US to Egypt were also unchanged.
The following freight rates per container were reported effective as of November 17, 2014 and contain all applicable costs such as bunker adjustment fees (baf) and currency adjustment fees (caf):
|From||To||Freight (USD/20” container)||Change||Freight (USD/40” container)||Change|
|Northwest Europe (ARA)||Turkey||750-850||NC||950-1150||NC|
The abovementioned freight rates are valid until November 30, 2014. Price ranges for geographical regions are due to freight variations depending on the port.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy
- Saudi major globally applies significant drops on PE for Sept
- Malaysia’s local PE market dives to a decade low
- Homo PP offers below $1000 pervade China’s import market
- PP, PE prices in Mid-East and Africa set to remain weak until end of Q3