Turkey Freight Rate Update
When compared to the most recent adjustments, rates from China to Turkey declined $100/container for 20’ containers and $100-200/container for 40’ containers. For shipments from Southeast Asia to Turkey, freight rates were down $100/container for 20’ containers and $150-200/container for 40’ containers. Rates from India to Turkey were steady after the most recent November adjustment.
Rates from Northwest and Southern Europe to Turkey were stable. For shipments from the Middle East to Turkey, rates were unchanged. Freight rates from the US to Turkey were also steady for November while rates from the US to Egypt were also unchanged.
The following freight rates per container were reported effective as of November 24, 2014 and contain all applicable costs such as bunker adjustment fees (baf) and currency adjustment fees (caf):
|From||To||Freight (USD/20” container)||Change||Freight (USD/40” container)||Change|
|Northwest Europe (ARA)||Turkey||750-850||NC||950-1150||NC|
The abovementioned freight rates are valid until November 30, 2014. Price ranges for geographical regions are due to freight variations depending on the port.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs