Turkey Freight Rate Update
When compared to the most recent adjustments, rates from China to Turkey declined by $50/container for 20’ containers and by $300-350/container for 40’ containers. For shipments from Southeast Asia to Turkey, freight rates were also down $50/container for 20’ containers and $300-350/container for 40’ containers. Rates from India to Turkey were steady after the most recent adjustment.
Rates from Northwest and Southern Europe to Turkey were stable. For shipments to Turkey from the Middle East, US and Egypt, rates were unchanged.
The following freight rates per container were reported effective as of May 22, 2015 and contain all applicable costs such as bunker adjustment fees (baf) and currency adjustment fees (caf):
|From||To||Freight (USD/20” container)||Change||Freight (USD/40” container)||Change|
|Northwest Europe (ARA)||Turkey||750-850||NC||950-1150||NC|
The abovementioned freight rates are valid until May 31, 2015. Price ranges for geographical regions are due to freight variations depending on the port.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows