Turkey Freight Rate Update
When compared to the most recent adjustments, rates from China to Turkey declined by $75-100/container for 20’ containers and by $150-175/container for 40’ containers. For shipments from Southeast Asia to Turkey, freight rates were also down $125-150/container for 20’ containers and $125-200/container for 40’ containers. Rates from India to Turkey were steady after the most recent adjustment.
Rates from Northwest and Southern Europe to Turkey were stable. For shipments to Turkey from the Middle East, US and Egypt, rates were unchanged.
The following freight rates per container were reported effective as of May 26, 2015 and contain all applicable costs such as bunker adjustment fees (baf) and currency adjustment fees (caf):
|From||To||Freight (USD/20” container)||Change||Freight (USD/40” container)||Change|
|Northwest Europe (ARA)||Turkey||750-850||NC||950-1150||NC|
The abovementioned freight rates are valid until June 6, 2015. Price ranges for geographical regions are due to freight variations depending on the port.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce