Turkey Freight Rate Update
When compared to the most recent adjustments, freight rates for shipments from both China and Southeast Asia to Turkey rose $800/container for 20’ containers and $1700/container for 40’ containers. Rates from India to Turkey, however, declined $300/container for 20’ containers and $500-600/container for 40’ containers.
Rates from Northwest and Southern Europe to Turkey were stable. Rates for shipments to Turkey from the Middle East were also unchanged. Rates for shipments from USA to Turkey slipped $25-75/container for 40’ containers. Similarly, rates for shipments from USA to Egypt declined $400/container for 40’ containers.
The following freight rates per container are effective as of November 1, 2015 and contain all applicable costs such as bunker adjustment fees (baf) and currency adjustment fees (caf):
|From||To||Freight (USD/20” container)||Change||Freight (USD/40” container)||Change|
|Northwest Europe (ARA)||Turkey||750-850||NC||950-1150||NC|
The abovementioned freight rates are valid until November 30, 2015. Price ranges for geographical regions are due to freight variations depending on the port.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record