Turkey Freight Rate Update
When compared to the most recent adjustments, freight rates for shipments from both China and Southeast Asia to Turkey declined $200/container for 20’ containers and $500/container for 40’ containers. Rates from India to Turkey remained stable after declining $300/container for 20’ containers and $500-600/container for 40’ containers on November 2.
Rates from Northwest and Southern Europe to Turkey were stable. Rates for shipments to Turkey from the Middle East and the USA were also unchanged. Rates for shipments from USA to Turkey and Egypt had been revised down $25-75/container and $400/container, respectively, for 40’ containers on November 2.
The following freight rates per container are effective as of November 6, 2015 and contain all applicable costs such as bunker adjustment fees (baf) and currency adjustment fees (caf):
|From||To||Freight (USD/20” container)||Change||Freight (USD/40” container)||Change|
|Northwest Europe (ARA)||Turkey||750-850||NC||950-1150||NC|
The abovementioned freight rates are valid until November 30, 2015. Price ranges for geographical regions are due to freight variations depending on the port.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect