Turkey Freight Rate Update
When compared to the most recent adjustments, freight rates for shipments from China declined $100/container for 20’ and 40’ containers. Freight rates from Southeast Asia also dropped $100/container for 20’ containers and $50-100/container for 40’ containers. Rates from India to Turkey, meanwhile, plunged $300/container for 20’ containers and $600/container for 40’ containers.
Rates from Northwest and Southern Europe to Turkey were stable. However, rates for shipments to Turkey from the Middle East slipped $400-500/container for 20’ containers and $800-900/container for 40’ containers. Rates for shipments from USA to Turkey fell $100/container for 40’ containers. Similarly, rates for shipments from USA to Egypt declined $125-150/container for 40’ containers.
The following freight rates per container are effective as of March 1, 2016 and contain all applicable costs such as bunker adjustment fees (baf) and currency adjustment fees (caf):
|From||To||Freight (USD/20” container)||Change||Freight (USD/40” container)||Change|
|Northwest Europe (ARA)||Turkey||750-850||NC||950-1150||NC|
The abovementioned freight rates are valid until March 31, 2016. Price ranges for geographical regions are due to freight variations depending on the port.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia