Turkey Freight Rate Update
When compared to the rates in early January, freight rates for shipments from China decreased $100/container for 20’ containers and by $100/container for 40’ containers on the low end and $150 on the high end. Freight rates from Southeast Asia also decreased $100 for 20’ containers and $100 for 40’ containers. Rates from India to Turkey remained unchanged.
Freight rates for shipments from the USA decreased by $100/container while rates from Northwest and Southern Europe to Turkey were stable. Rates for shipments to Turkey from the Middle East were also unchanged.
The following freight rates per container are effective as of February 1, 2017 and contain all applicable costs such as bunker adjustment fees (baf) and currency adjustment fees (caf):
|From||To||Freight (USD/20” container)||Change||Freight (USD/40” container)||Change|
|Northwest Europe (ARA)||Turkey||750-850||NC||950-1150||NC|
The abovementioned freight rates are valid until February 28, 2017. Price ranges for geographical regions are due to freight variations depending on the port.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high