Turkey Freight Rate Update
When compared to the previous rates, freight rates for shipments from China were up by $200/container for 20’ containers and $100/container for 40’containers. Freight rates from Southeast Asia were also up by $200/container for 20’ containers and $100/container for 40’containers.
Rates from Northwest and Southern Europe to Turkey were stable. Rates for shipments to Turkey from the Middle East and the USA were also unchanged.
The following freight rates per container are effective as of December 1, 2017 and contain all applicable costs such as bunker adjustment fees (baf) and currency adjustment fees (caf):
|From||To||Freight (USD/20’ container)||Change||Freight (USD/40’ container)||Change|
|Northwest Europe (ARA)||Turkey||750-850||NC||950-1150||NC|
The abovementioned freight rates are valid until December 31, 2017. Price ranges for geographical regions are due to freight variations depending on the port.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes