Turkey Freight Rate Update
When compared to the previous rates, freight rates for shipments from China were up by $200/container for 20’ containers and $100/container for 40’containers. Freight rates from Southeast Asia were also up by $200/container for 20’ containers and $100/container for 40’containers.
Rates from Northwest and Southern Europe to Turkey were stable. Rates for shipments to Turkey from the Middle East and the USA were also unchanged.
The following freight rates per container are effective as of December 1, 2017 and contain all applicable costs such as bunker adjustment fees (baf) and currency adjustment fees (caf):
|From||To||Freight (USD/20’ container)||Change||Freight (USD/40’ container)||Change|
|Northwest Europe (ARA)||Turkey||750-850||NC||950-1150||NC|
The abovementioned freight rates are valid until December 31, 2017. Price ranges for geographical regions are due to freight variations depending on the port.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June