Turkey PET Flake Update for December
Players reported that local offers for PET Flake (clear/blue) mostly centered at TRY5000-5500/ton ($953-1049/ton with the recent parity) ex-warehouse Turkey, cash excluding 18% VAT, down TRY200-400/ton ($38-76/ton) from November. The level of TRY4800/ton ($915/ton) was also available in a few cases in response to lower counter bids replaced by buyers.
Several Turkish buyers postponed their procurements to January as they were busy with the year-end book closures.
“The year-end slowness outweighed the seasonally tight supply of post-consumer bottles. Many buyers were sidelined this month as the appreciation of Turkish lira against USD hindered their competitiveness in export markets,” highlighted a PET Flake seller.
A buyer similarly noted, “Europeans started to close their activities earlier while export cargoes found their way to the domestic market instead. Firmer expectations for PET Flake were delayed to the new-year as USD gained some ground recently. Yet, we don’t expect prices to see TRY6000/ton ($1144/ton) level.”
PET flakes are often used in sheet, yarn and fibre production.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient