Turkey closes border with Iran over COVID-19 woes
According to media reports, Iran’s health ministry has stated that the death toll from the new coronavirus rose to eight, with 43 confirmed cases in the country.
Iran ranked Turkey’s fifth largest polymer supplier with nearly 219,000 tons of imports during 2019, data from ChemOrbis Import Statistics suggested. Iran was the second top HDPE supplier of Turkey with more than 90,000 tons and the third largest LLDPE exporter of the country with more than 49,000 tons last year.
To track Turkey’s imports by country, please click here (For members only)
To track Turkey’s imports by product, please click here (For members only)
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains