Turkey closes border with Iran over COVID-19 woes
According to media reports, Iran’s health ministry has stated that the death toll from the new coronavirus rose to eight, with 43 confirmed cases in the country.
Iran ranked Turkey’s fifth largest polymer supplier with nearly 219,000 tons of imports during 2019, data from ChemOrbis Import Statistics suggested. Iran was the second top HDPE supplier of Turkey with more than 90,000 tons and the third largest LLDPE exporter of the country with more than 49,000 tons last year.
To track Turkey’s imports by country, please click here (For members only)
To track Turkey’s imports by product, please click here (For members only)
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets