Turkey draws on wealth fund to support petrochemical investments
Accordingly, the fund will support projects that aim to decrease Turkey’s input costs in the energy sector as well as its reliance on imports. The new investment strategy will also mark the first time that the fund will cooperate with private sector participants in energy investments.
Presented by the Turkish Ministry of Treasury and Finance on September 30, the program also includes a revision of regulations that complicate company growth and sector-oriented loan policy.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan