Turkey extends safeguard measures on PET imports
Previously, the decision to impose additional duties on PET imports was put into effect as to prevent unfair competition on October 16, 2014.
According to the decision, the additional financial obligation for PET imports for countries subject to the additional duty will be 6.40% in the first year, 6.20% the next year and 6% in the third year.
Following the approval of the safeguard measures on PET imports, Turkey’s Council of Ministers opened a tariff allocation for countries which will be exempt from these additional duties on the condition that total PET exports from all the affected countries to Turkey do not exceed 6,995 tons for each year. The tariff quota per country, on the other hand, will not exceed 2,332 tons.
The complete list of the countries that are under tariff quotas:
Afghanistan, Angola, Albania, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Djibouti, Cook Islands, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Morocco, Ivory Coast, Philippines, Palestine, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Georgia, Haiti, Cambodia, Cameroon, Montenegro, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kirghizstan, Kosovo, Kiribati, Columbia, Comoros, Congo, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Lebanon, Madagascar, Macedonia, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritius, Egypt, Micronesia, Mongolia, Moldova, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, Niger, Nigeria, Central African Republic, Uzbekistan, Paraguay, Ruanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somali, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Chili, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Jordan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers