Turkey imports less polymers in September
The top polymer exporter to Turkey in September was Saudi Arabia with 78,285 tons, followed by South Korea (46,103 tons), Spain (18,750 tons), Belgium (18,460 tons) and Iran (16,187 tons).
In September, homo-PP imports were down 7.9% to 120,379 tons when compared to August while they declined 2.9% from the same month of 2013. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to Turkey with 50,107 tons, followed by India with 11,860 tons and Greece with 8,935 tons. For PP copolymer, Turkey’s September imports fell 8.5% to 26,942 tons from August. South Korea was the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 13,750 tons.
Turkey imported 52,113 tons of PVC in September, up 26% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, PVC imports decreased around 6.9%. The US stood at the top of the September PVC import list with 13,804 tons, followed by France (7,903 tons) and Mexico (6,542 tons).
Turkey’s September PS imports were down by 13% on the month to 18,966 tons while imports dipped 27% when compared to the same month of 2013. Belgium remained the top supplier with 4,170 tons. Meanwhile, ABS imports declined 5.2% month over month to reach 8,676 tons in September. South Korea remained the top supplier with 5,657 tons.
Imports for PET bottle fell 3.2% to 7,069 tons in September 2014 while they sank around 70% when compared to the same month of 2013. The top PET exporter of Turkey in September was India with 2,714 tons. Imports for LLDPE decreased 6.9% from the previous month to 25,419 tons, although they were up 6% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 11,574 tons.
Meanwhile, for other PE products including LDPE and HDPE, Turkey’s imports increased in September. LDPE imports were up 21% month on month to reach 27,096 tons. The top three exporters were Azerbaijan (4,521 tons), Qatar (4,125 tons) and Spain (2,988 tons). September HDPE imports also increased 8% from the previous month to reach 54,872 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (11,277 tons), South Korea (10,218 tons) and Iran (9,307 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets