Turkey launches antidumping investigation on Egyptian GPPS
It was stated in the official publication that Turkish domestic producer Aschem Petrokimya San. A.Ş requested the Ministry to take antidumping measures on Egyptian origin “polystyrene” imports claiming that Egyptian PS was imported to Turkey below market prices which hurts domestic production.
The investigation will be conducted by the Import Head Office of Turkey’s Ministry of Economy. The parties involved shall be notified of the abovementioned investigation. Any of these related parties shall submit their response to the investigation questionnaire in 37 days as of the date of receipt. In case an anti-dumping duty is implemented as a result of the investigation, the Ministry shall make retroactive duty collection on the imports back until the date of notification, November 30, 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints, demand send Turkey PE market to 2-month high
- China's PP upturn enters third week on more bullish fundamentals
- Asia PET markets increase marginally on cost support, healthy Chinese demand
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations