Turkey launches antidumping investigation on Egyptian GPPS
It was stated in the official publication that Turkish domestic producer Aschem Petrokimya San. A.Ş requested the Ministry to take antidumping measures on Egyptian origin “polystyrene” imports claiming that Egyptian PS was imported to Turkey below market prices which hurts domestic production.
The investigation will be conducted by the Import Head Office of Turkey’s Ministry of Economy. The parties involved shall be notified of the abovementioned investigation. Any of these related parties shall submit their response to the investigation questionnaire in 37 days as of the date of receipt. In case an anti-dumping duty is implemented as a result of the investigation, the Ministry shall make retroactive duty collection on the imports back until the date of notification, November 30, 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices