Turkey launches antidumping investigation on Egyptian GPPS
It was stated in the official publication that Turkish domestic producer Aschem Petrokimya San. A.Ş requested the Ministry to take antidumping measures on Egyptian origin “polystyrene” imports claiming that Egyptian PS was imported to Turkey below market prices which hurts domestic production.
The investigation will be conducted by the Import Head Office of Turkey’s Ministry of Economy. The parties involved shall be notified of the abovementioned investigation. Any of these related parties shall submit their response to the investigation questionnaire in 37 days as of the date of receipt. In case an anti-dumping duty is implemented as a result of the investigation, the Ministry shall make retroactive duty collection on the imports back until the date of notification, November 30, 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September