Turkey revises customs duties on imports from Singapore
Within the framework of the free trade agreement signed between the two countries, the 6.5% customs duty of LDPE (3901.10.90.00.11), HDPE (3901.20.90.00.11), PP compounds (3902.10.00.00.11), PPH (3902.10.00.00.19), EPS (3903.11.00.00.00), PS (3903.19.00.00.00), SAN copolymers (3903.20.00.00.00), ABS copolymers (3903.30.00.00.00) as well as other products coded 3903.90.90.00.00 and 3904.10.00.00.19 is reduced to 5.6% as of today. Meanwhile, LLDPE (3901.10.10.00.00) will not be subject to the gradual duty elimination and the duty for this product has been reduced to 0% as of November 21, 2017.
The new customs duties at 5.6% are valid until January 1, 2018. The aforementioned products will be eliminated from customs duties gradually in 8 steps. That is to say, the new duties will be 4.88% throughout 2018 and these products will be fully exempted from any types of customs duties as of January 1 of the eighth year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe