Turkey revises customs duties on imports from Singapore
Within the framework of the free trade agreement signed between the two countries, the 6.5% customs duty of LDPE (3901.10.90.00.11), HDPE (3901.20.90.00.11), PP compounds (3902.10.00.00.11), PPH (3902.10.00.00.19), EPS (3903.11.00.00.00), PS (3903.19.00.00.00), SAN copolymers (3903.20.00.00.00), ABS copolymers (3903.30.00.00.00) as well as other products coded 3903.90.90.00.00 and 3904.10.00.00.19 is reduced to 5.6% as of today. Meanwhile, LLDPE (3901.10.10.00.00) will not be subject to the gradual duty elimination and the duty for this product has been reduced to 0% as of November 21, 2017.
The new customs duties at 5.6% are valid until January 1, 2018. The aforementioned products will be eliminated from customs duties gradually in 8 steps. That is to say, the new duties will be 4.88% throughout 2018 and these products will be fully exempted from any types of customs duties as of January 1 of the eighth year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming in China PE market stronger than PP since mid-June
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July