Turkey’s April polymer imports up 1.9% on month, down on year
In April, homo-PP imports were down about 3.9% to around 141,894 tons compared with the previous month while imports slid around 8.5% from the same month of 2015. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of homo-PP in April with 49,114 tons, followed by Iran (21,273 tons) and Egypt (17,916 tons).
For PP copolymer, Turkey’s April imports rose about 4.4% to 25,159 tons from 24,104 tons in the same month of 2015. South Korea was the top PP copolymer supplier to Turkey with 5,710 tons in April.
Imports for LLDPE decreased around 14% on the month to 33,840 tons in April while they moved higher by around 8% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 12,996 tons.
Imports for HDPE and LDPE rose on a monthly basis in April. LDPE imports jumped about 16.5% month over month to 26,601 tons while declining around 15.1% compared with the same month of 2015. The tops three exporters were Saudi Arabia (6,749 tons), Azerbaijan (3,219 tons) and Spain (2,982 tons). April HDPE imports climbed about 5.5% on a monthly basis to 76,767 tons while imports for HDPE remained mostly stable on a yearly basis. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (15,637 tons), South Korea (13,344 tons) and Iran (11,883 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports fell around 19.3% from a month earlier to reach 44,167 tons in April. On a yearly basis, meanwhile, PVC imports plunged about 30.6%. France remained at the top of the April PVC import list with 9,223 tons, followed by Mexico (8,990 tons) and Spain (5,656 tons).
Turkey imported 27,134 tons of PS in April, down about 5.1% on the month while up 0.8% on the year. Belgium remained the top supplier with 7,212 tons. ABS imports, meanwhile, fell about 15% month over month to 10,817 tons in April while imports were down 3.5% on a yearly basis from 11,211 tons in April 2015. South Korea remained the top supplier with 7,803 tons.
Meanwhile, imports for PET bottle jumped around 55.8% month over month to 12,798 tons in April while imports moved south by 19.6% from the 15,915 tons reported in the same month of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion