Turkey’s Arcelik reports better-than-expected net profit in 2020
The company’s profit exceeded the expectation of TRY2.39 billion ($323 million) and reached TRY2.85 billion ($387 million) in 2020. In the same period, sales also came above expectations and stood at TRY40.9 billion ($5.5 billion).
Arcelik’s strong performance was mainly supported by its surging net profit in the last quarter of 2020. The company’s net profit for the fourth quarter of last year skyrocketed by 384.8% on a yearly basis and reached TRY1.16 billion ($157 million).
Commenting on the results, analysts pointed to the growing demand in major global markets and the losses in the Turkish Lira as factors that drove the increase in profit.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm