Turkey’s August polymer imports jump 25.3% on the month
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in August were Saudi Arabia with 81,227 tons, followed by South Korea (45,570 tons), Egypt (27,176 tons), Iran (23,099 tons) and Belgium (20,773 tons).
In August, homo-PP imports were up around 51% to around 142,687 tons compared with the previous month while imports also rose about 27% from the same month of 2015. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of homo-PP in August with 51,966 tons, followed by Egypt (26,096 tons) and South Korea (11,095 tons).
For PP copolymer, Turkey’s August imports climbed about 28% on the month to 27,746 tons from 21,714 in July while they were also up 40.2% compared with the same month of 2015. South Korea was the top PP copolymer supplier to Turkey with 7,400 tons in August.
Imports for LLDPE jumped around 28% on the month to 31,350 tons in August while they moved up by around 20.3% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 9,420 tons.
Imports for LDPE rose about 6.2% month over month to 23,477 tons while also rising around 1.2% compared with the same month of 2015. The top three exporters were Germany (2,794 tons), Qatar (2,525 tons), and Saudi Arabia (2,450 tons). August HDPE imports increased around 11.2% on a monthly basis to 44,813 tons while imports for HDPE jumped around 7.2% from a year earlier. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (9,530 tons), Uzbekistan (7,833 tons) and South Korea (8,495 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports also rose around 8.36% from a month earlier to reach 59,068 tons in August. On a yearly basis, meanwhile, PVC imports also increased about 19.6%. France was at the top of the August PVC import list with 15,372 tons, followed by Mexico (8,331 tons) and USA (7,549 tons).
Turkey imported 19,903 tons of PS in August, an increase of about 16.8% on the month while also up around 3.4% on the year. Belgium remained the top supplier with 5,319 tons. ABS imports, meanwhile, climbed 29.5% month over month to 10,695 tons in August while imports were also up 31.1% on a yearly basis from 8,155 tons in August 2015. South Korea remained the top supplier with 6,888 tons.
Meanwhile, imports for PET bottle increased around 33.3% month over month to 13,321 tons in August while imports fell by 6.2% from the 14,212 tons reported in the same month of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September