Turkey’s Dec polymer imports drop 9% on month, 13.5% on year
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in December were Saudi Arabia with 69,380 tons, followed by South Korea (25,067 tons), Iran (25,051), Belgium (22,209 tons) and France (20,803 tons).
In December, homo-PP imports were down around 14% to 120,442 tons compared with the previous month while imports also dropped about 13,6% from the same month of 2015. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of homo-PP in December with 38,943 tons, followed by Egypt (15,888 tons), India (10,338 tons) and Iran (8,950 tons).
For PP copolymer, Turkey’s December imports were down by 13% on the month at 20,118 tons while they were down 26% compared with the same month of 2015. South Korea was the top PP copolymer supplier to Turkey with 4,785 tons in December.
Imports for LLDPE climbed by 22% on the month to 32,828 tons in December while they moved down by around 21.5% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 10,787 tons.
Imports for LDPE fell by around 18.7% month over month to 26,150 tons in December while they increased by 4% compared with the same month of 2015. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (5,510 tons), Azerbaijan (3,707 tons), and Belgium (3,455 tons). December HDPE imports decreased by 21% on a monthly basis to 45,118 tons while imports for HDPE dropped further by around 30.5% from a year earlier. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (9,180 tons), Iran (6,345 tons) and South Korea (3,911 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports were up by around 8% from a month earlier to 53,472 tons in December. On a yearly basis, PVC imports also moved up by about 2%. France was at the top of the December PVC import list with 14,933 tons, followed by Spain (7,845 tons) and the USA (7,548 tons).
Turkey imported 18,083 tons of PS in December, a drop of about 14% on the month while it remained unchanged on the year. Belgium remained the top supplier with 6,018 tons. ABS imports, meanwhile, remained flat month over month at 8,506 tons in December while they were down 10% on a yearly basis. South Korea remained the top supplier with 4,872 tons.
Meanwhile, imports for PET bottle increased by around 18% month over month to 13,050 tons in December while they increased by 30% on a yearly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC snaps an 8-month downtrend, players remain skeptical in Turkey
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows